Soundcraft Spirit Folio 12/2 - missing power supply - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2012, 01:34 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Soundcraft Spirit Folio 12/2 - missing power supply

Hy
In the beggining I want to excuse my poor english language, I am from Romania.
I have received as a gift one audio mixer, SOUNDCRAFT SPIRIT FOLIO 12/2,without the power supply.
I want to make a voltage transformer, but I don't know the voltage/current and pin-out of the power supply unit.
It have a plastic in-line connector with 3 pins , but what voltage is there?I think that the middle is the common pin (0 V) but the others?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Best regards to everyone!
Old 13th February 2012, 01:40 PM   #2
iko is offline iko  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Salut, and welcome to the forum! If you post some pictures of the PCB (input) people might be able to help you better.
Old 13th February 2012, 02:14 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask any questions, and your English is perfectly readable too .

I have a Soundcraft desk and the external power supply is AC with two 17VAC outputs and a 0V centre tap. For your desk the current rating should be around 700-1000mA.

The AC is rectified and converted inside the desk to form the DC voltages. I am not too sure of the pinout of the connector though.
Old 13th February 2012, 03:14 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks!

Thank you!
I think this will help me, I want to replace the original power supply with another Voltage transformer.
I know that is a difference between 10/2 and 12/2 models, but I think those values that you give me will works fine.
Have a nice day!
Old 13th February 2012, 03:34 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the prompt answers.
I think I'll build a voltage transformer with the values that you have specified, and I am pretty sure that it will work fine.
I have also find one User manual from the original Soundcraft page, that will helps me to acomodate with this 12/2 model.
Thank you,guys ,
Best Regards!

Hide this!Advertise here!