High Current Multi-Voltage Supply for Audio Console

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First, I'd like to thank everybody in DIYAudio. I've been digging around on the site for a while - looking for ideas, and getting quite a few.

I'm getting ready to breadboard this design for a regulated mixing console power supply. For the console in question, the supply will need to provide +/-15v at 1.5a per rail, +10v at 1a, and, of course, +48 up to about 0.3a. I want it to have plenty of current headroom above those values.

Please take a look, and tell me what you think. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Mixer Power Supply Board 0100.gif
    Mixer Power Supply Board 0100.gif
    51 KB · Views: 133
I think you should use two windings and two Bridges for the +/-15V supplies.
Then you can you can use two LT1085 (or LT1086) which are much better than 317/337 types. (Amek did this with LM338's and pass transistors)
For the +10V same thing,If you must tap off for +10V come off the + supply bridge. Otherwise I would use another winding. Same applies for the +48V supply. TL783 are fine, I use a 120-330 ohm R in series with each mic socket.
After the R I use a 10-22 mfd 100V cap. Lowers the noise a bit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.