Linear PS CT transformer question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a transformer I bought off a guy from an abandoned kit. It measures 17-0-17 on the CT winding (& 6.3-6.3) but the resistances on the CT seem funny as I get 2.99 Ohms on the 17-17 and 2.23 on either the 17-0 or 0-17 when expecting 1/2 of the 3 Ohm full winding value. All I can think of is that there is an about .75 Ohm resistor in series with the CT.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this difference typical for CT transformers? If I unpeel the wrapping will I find a resistor hidden in the works? TIA

Carl

What if you measure resistance with both probes from the same end of one winding? I'm wondering if your meter and/or probe contact is adding some resistance to the measurements.

Good point, I cal'ed the 3468 last week but didn't recheck the short circuit probe resistance when I made the measurements above, tho I think from last week it was around .1 Ohm. I'll check & report back. If you're right I should see my mysterious extra .75 Ohms on the leads and connects.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.