Toroid transformer help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys I need help. I bought this old Toroidal transformers and i know that it is from Kudos Amp SX400 series, and that can operate at 110 and 230 volts, but i do not know what wich cables to uset for 230V. I tried different options with thin wires that cuz i think they are the primary coil, but it is not. I think that big brown and red are the primary as are yellow and blue ground. Correct me if i'm wrong.There is pictures:ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Thanks for the help.
REGARDS!

Most dual voltage toroids have twin primaries. Parallel for 115v; series for 230v.
I see your logic for assuming the thin wires should be primaries but often the thin primary wires are joined onto more manageable equipment wire.
I'd look for the 2 windings with the highest measured resistance that are almost identical. Don't be surprised at the low DC resistance. There's a lot of inductance!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.