Good LV rectifyers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hi,

Anyone has recommendations on good SS rectifying diodes? Its low voltage, under 20 V, current is a couple of amps, say max 5. And preferably easy solderable, not SMD that is. TO-220 or axial like.

Preferences for this subject is:
1. Low voltage forward drop
2. Low noice

Im gonna rectify tube heaters.

Thanks!
Staffan

part # SB540E
Schottky diode, 40V, 5A, axial leads, low cost (under $0.25 USD).

I don't know what is available in your area but the general theme is DO-201 package size (or TO-220), schottky diode. Most of this type can handle 20V or more and 5A average current (over 100A peak). STMicroelectronics, VIshay, Comchip, and others make a few varieties.

Those are two diodes in one package, meant for SMPS use. If you had to you could use them, but the cost would be higher and you'd need 3 of them, wiring both anodes on one of them and using only one of the anodes on the other two diodes. There are some cheaper dual diode part numbers on Elfa but there is no reason to use them except some have lower forward voltage than the SB550 linked below, but not much lower.

I cannot get the Elfa website search to work properly so there might be better choices but one I see is

SB550, 5A 50V, DO-201: https://www.elfa.se/elfa3~se_en/elfa/init.do?item=70-120-15&toc=18973

It is the same thing as the SB540 I mentioned above, except rated for 50V instead of 40V, and priced lower than the SB540 on Elfa.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.