Shunyata DTCD power line analysis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I read the Mickey Fremer review of the Shunyata "Hydra" power line conditioner in Stereophile and read the company's white paper on their DTCD analyzer. Shunyata Research: DTCD White Paper

I guess DTCD means "delta time current dump" as they juice up the cable with a pulsed discharge of a couple hundred amps over 50 usecs.

When you analyze this chart from the white paper, however, wouldn't it appear reasonable to standardize the curves so that the DC component of resistance is eliminated and only the reactive component depicted? After all, they state that listeners can distinguish simply on the basis of wire guage DCR.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I mean, it looks to me like the standard black cable reaches a "stasis" before the Shunyata Venom 3 cable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.