DC>DC power supply for DEQX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

Im looking to build a DC>DC power supply for my DEQX which is currently in my car running off a pure sine wave inverter.

I would like to do it myself with a kit or design, but unable to find one on the net with the specs I need.

I need it to be stable and perform flawlessly.

11v-15v input
+/- 15v rails at .6 amps

Can anyone help me out with directions to a design or kit or design one for me that I can build. I have very good soldering skills and have made plenty of KITs in the past.

Thanks for any help.

Antony

There should be some protection from noise and transients on the 12V supply. An inductor, fuse, capacitors, transient absorber. And if you want a really clean 15V, use a higher voltage DC-DC converter followed by linear regulators.

If you can scrounge a smallish power amp with a good power supply but blown amp(s), that would be overkill as far as power goes. You might be able to use the supply as-is and just add linear regulators to drop the voltage. Or rewind the transformer secondary and adjust the feedback sensing for lower voltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.