PCB source for the typical linear power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I am planning to build a few of those typical linear power supplies (a full wave bridge + 4 or 6 caps) and am looking for PCB's for these builds. I do not mind paying a more if the PCB has provisions for by-pass caps and can accomodate a CRC set up. Any information will be appreciated.

Regards,

Lo_tse

Attachments

• DSC00316.JPG
    DSC00316.JPG
    853.1 KB · Views: 308
I've also used the Chipamp PS boards, and found them to work well.

Another option is to point-to-point wire your power supply for more flexibility. All-in-one bridge rectifiers like this http://www.vishay.com/docs/93564/36mb140.pdf and screw terminal caps like this http://www.cde.com/catalogs/CGS.pdf make this easy. This is more practical for high power supplies.

Just a suggestion in case the ChipAmp.com boards don't suit your needs. But if they do suite your needs, I wouldn't hesitate to buy some.

Good luck!

Hi, Audiosan

Was the PCB that you displayed in your reply from Chipamp.com? It looked like a CRC supply PCB and looks good. Which board is that? In the website, there is no information (picture, schematics etc.) on the PCB's for sale. Thanks!

Regards,

Lo_tse

hello. yes it is from chipamp.com. you only find it on the bottom of the order page (AMP-PS PCB). and it is a CRC board or CLC if you want, suports bypass caps and
it takes 2 pin and 4 pin caps up to 40mm.

Audiosan,

Thank you very much for the info. Now, I know what is the code of the board when I make a purchase. By the way, where can I get the schematic and BOM for the board? My be I should contact Chipamp? I cannot seem to find these info in their website (may be I overlook). Thanks again!

Regards,

Lo_tse

Audiosan,

Thank you very much for the info. Now, I know what is the code of the board when I make a purchase. By the way, where can I get the schematic and BOM for the board? My be I should contact Chipamp? I cannot seem to find these info in their website (may be I overlook). Thanks again!

Regards,

Lo_tse

there is no schematic or BOM. you realy don't need it.
you can use whatever parts you need.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.