Modified power supply, blown fuses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Jerome linear PSU that I modified for use on my Squeezebox Touch. I don't have a schematic, but I can explain exactly what I did

First I took the 10,000uF power electrolytic caps and replaced them with the same value and voltage. I bypassed these with .01uF polypropylene film caps (400V).

I replaced the on board 10uF and 220uF caps with higher quality electrolytics as well.

The Axial diodes were replaced with MUR1520 hexFRED caps. Anode/cathode was kept relative. I did not put a heatsink on these.

I plugged in the PSU (no load) and got no output voltage, and sure enough the fuses on the secondary on the xfmr were blown. Is there anything blatently wrong with what I did? This surplussed PSU was never powered up, so it could be possible the fuses could've been blown beforehand?

Thanks for any possible insight

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.