Need advice on replacing power supply caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Lanzar 50C and one of the supply caps has a broken leg. it is a Nichicon
10k UF CE series LQ (M) I found the original part number LLQ1E103MESA but they seem to be obsolete. This number LLS1E103MELA seems to have the same data sheet. Question is should I replace all 8 or just the 4 on the broken side.

Depends on the age of the unit compared to the expected life off the datasheet. I've found 1000 hour caps go bad in about 11-12 years home use. Nichicon has some caps up to 8000 hours expected life. You could also measure the ESD , but the meter that can do that is about $150.

How warm does the inside of the chassis get during a typical year of use?

If it's above 40degC regularly, then consider fitting higher temperature rated capacitors. 105degC instead of 85degC.

The most important rating for an electrolytic capacitor is it's voltage rating.

Next, are all choices:- uF, degC, ESR, ripple capacity, tan delta, diameter, height, pin pitch, etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.