Please clarify power calculation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As I understand, it is possible to get a rough estimation of an EI core transformer's power (VA) by finding the area in cm of the center leg (the part under the winding, not the full height). Square that figure to get the rough power. I'm not clear on what dimensions to use. Using the diagram, what do I use? A*B, C*B, or ??
Thanks
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm no expert on transformer design but I vaguely recall there are certain dimensional ratios that lend themselves to lower manufacturer production costs when stamping out the metal. You'd have to determine if it has that dimensional ratio before you could assume that multiplying only two dimensions would be appropriate as a change in the 3rd (whichever dimension remains uncalculated) would potentially affect the power rating.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.