A little sourcing help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Little odd value there on the voltage, common voltages in that range are 350V, 385V and 400V and values 820uf and 1000uf

Any of those would work. Where can I find them? I should add that although I've done electronics kits/projects before, I'm not really an electronics geek, but that's what my electronics guru tells me I need. Thanx to all of you for your help.

Last edited:
Yes, photoflash caps are special. They are designed for continuous Instant discharge. They must also be able to recharge quickly without blowing up. Normal caps can't meet this kind of demands.

A word of caution working on photoflash. Even a small camera mounted flash can give you quite a jolt if the caps are not discharged. For flash generators (power packs), it's advisable to send it to a professional for repairs. Fully charged 700-1000V caps are to be taken seriously.

Preaching to the choir

Yes, photoflash caps are special. They are designed for continuous Instant discharge. They must also be able to recharge quickly without blowing up. Normal caps can't meet this kind of demands.

A word of caution working on photoflash. Even a small camera mounted flash can give you quite a jolt if the caps are not discharged. For flash generators (power packs), it's advisable to send it to a professional for repairs. Fully charged 700-1000V caps are to be taken seriously.

That's my understanding as well. As for safety, you're preaching to the choir:) It is a wise man who recognizes his own limitations. My tube buddy/guru is a retired tech who started his TV and Radio repair business right after the Korean War. I found him because he is a Grundig expert and I am a Grundig afficianado/collector. I do all of the computer work for him and his sister, and he does all my tube stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.