Onkyo CR-305TX PSU FAult

Although this tread is quite old, this is still a valuable tip.
Replacement of C913 made my CR305-TX resurrect !

But I have another issue.

I can set a wakeup-timer with the remote, but the device does not turn on on the given time. I have triple checked the settings (weekday, weekend etc.). The timer is displayed on the LCD. But the device just sits in standby and does not wakeup.

I know think of finding another capacitor or similar but i will need your help.

Can some of you identify a capacitor that could be the one responsible for timed wakeup ? :witch:
Any help/hints highly appreciated.

Hi,
I know this thread is quite old but I have an onkyo CR-L5 with a similar problem (actually exactly the same, it doesn't come out of standby) but I don't have the schematic. If anyone knows this one and is familiar with this problem and/or has a schematic that would be wonderful.

Another reply to this old, but obviously still relevant, thread:

Thanks for the C913 replacement suggestion - it resurrected my unit, too! For years it had been forgetting radio presets. Recently it would often power off when I tried to play a CD. Two months since replacing the cap, and performance has been flawless.

Info for others:
  • I used 100uF 50V, because it's what I had. So far, no issues.
  • This cap is located along the top edge of the power board and is easily accessible to a soldering iron - no need to remove the board.
  • You may need to chisel some adhesive away to find the "C913" reference designator (i.e. the text on the pc board).

Unrelated: I pulled the Onkyo speakers out of storage after a decade, as I had been using other speakers (Radio Shack Minimus 7) with the head unit. The Onkyo speakers had NO treble. I pulled and tested the tweeters - they work, but their output is so low these speakers sound awful, and I don't remember them being like this. Stiffened surround? Bad crossover components? Dunno, but I'm back to using my 40 year old Minimus 7s...