SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

Another successful use for BIB with K-Multi. Very nice power supply for my J-Mo Mk II headphone amplifier.

Attachments

• BIB.JPG
    BIB.JPG
    564.2 KB · Views: 267
  • GND.JPG
    GND.JPG
    667.3 KB · Views: 257
  • KM.JPG
    KM.JPG
    595.5 KB · Views: 248
  • One chenel.jpg
    One chenel.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 243
  • Oveview.jpg
    Oveview.jpg
    688.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Rectifier.JPG
    Rectifier.JPG
    664.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Transformer.JPG
    Transformer.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 107
Very nice Alex. BTW I was listening to Mercury Living Presence Moscow sessions LP set today morning and I remembered you telling us about classical musicians during the Soviet era in the FSP thread.

Hi Salas,

Thank you.
What exactly Mercury Living Presence Moscow do you have?
In general, I need your advice for good sounding LPs. I have small collection and I'm looking for its expansion. What is your favours? ...:).
Thank you.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member

Yep, that is what I like too.
Thank you. I already made purchases, beside "Hungarian Rhapsody No.2".
http://tinyurl.com/qfnlnsq
It is an eBay sale and I'm not sure about authenticity....
Can't wait to turn on my TT with these LPs.
Thank you very much.
BTW, Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff, both are my favours from Russian sector. Can't understand Alfred Schnittke and Igor Stravinsky....
To much disharmony for me...

Hi Salas,

One more question just to be sure....
I set my 2 BIBs boards for 300mA with 4 green LEDs and 12R Caddock for R301s.
My headphone amp uses about 150mA, or so.
All Q306 and Q301 are at room temperature or close, and R301 is warm ( about 40 deg C).
Is it normal?
I remember, in my BHL, Q306 and Q301 are runs really warm....
R301 is warm too.
Here they kind of cold.

Thank you.

Yep, that is what I like too.
Thank you. I already made purchases, beside "Hungarian Rhapsody No.2".
Leopold Stokowski Liszt Enesco Rhapsodies 200 Gram 33rpm SEALED Vinyl LP | eBay
It is an eBay sale and I'm not sure about authenticity....
Can't wait to turn on my TT with these LPs.

One of my favorite LPs... I got this twice :)
If analogue productions re-issues it with the rest I will buy it at least once more :)
Unfortunately the SACD is not nearly as awesome...

Thank you very much.
BTW, Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff, both are my favours from Russian sector. Can't understand Alfred Schnittke and Igor Stravinsky....
To much disharmony for me...
+1 for Stravinsky... he has some good moments, but not really my cup of tea...

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Salas,

One more question just to be sure....
I set my 2 BIBs boards for 300mA with 4 green LEDs and 12R Caddock for R301s.
My headphone amp uses about 150mA, or so.
All Q306 and Q301 are at room temperature or close, and R301 is warm ( about 40 deg C).
Is it normal?
I remember, in my BHL, Q306 and Q301 are runs really warm....
R301 is warm too.
Here they kind of cold.

Thank you.

Means you can utilize more spare current in this new one. Your Vin-Vout, sinks size, and high enough headphone amp consumption resulting in lukewarm operation at now CCS level say that you may try 400mA+ and stop where the temperature becomes uncomfortable. 50C on sinks should be safe. Usually you can hear a subjective upgrade by doing that. Objectively the regulator's output impedance falls by few milliOhm further. Don't forget to verify the now and then running current by measuring the voltage drop across the setting resistor and then divide it by its value in Ohm.

Means you can utilize more spare current in this new one. Your Vin-Vout, sinks size, and high enough headphone amp consumption resulting in lukewarm operation at now CCS level say that you may try 400mA+ and stop where the temperature becomes uncomfortable. 50C on sinks should be safe. Usually you can hear a subjective upgrade by doing that. Objectively the regulator's output impedance falls by few milliOhm further. Don't forget to verify the now and then running current by measuring the voltage drop across the setting resistor and then divide it by its value in Ohm.

Based on V-drop across R301 and 12 Ohm value, my current in-use is about 250mA. Please see attached picture.
So, if I'll go for 8.2 Ohm my set will go to 416mA (calculation based on your "SSLV1.1 Calculator V1a.xls").

Attachments

• BIB current.jpg
    BIB current.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 215
Good point... I'll ask Kean about current limit on KM.
Thank you.

Kean got back with the answer.
So, no problem to run original KM (design with LED) up to needed 400mA, but need to add some input capacitance for these who calculated ripple based on lower current. In my case, we used extra capacitance at the beginning and I'm OK to run it as is. Going to purchase Caddock MP930 8R or 8.2R for R301 today. Update you as soon as possible.