SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

This is the type I am using. Height 75mm. I have mounted two pieces on an aluminium strip.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The sinks do not get hot, just hand warm, so I expect one sink will do fine.

I will try to add some pictures, but this does not work on my crappy IPad, so I need to mail them from the IPad to my laptop to add them.

Regards,

Here are some pictures of the heat sinks

Attachments

• foto 1_1.JPG
    foto 1_1.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 332
  • foto 2_1.JPG
    foto 2_1.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 313
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Does anybody have experience with a more elaborate pre-filter than the one big cap on the board?

I am wondering if there is any benefit for a two or three stage RC filter. Or maybe the simple filtering ads to the speed of the regulator?

Regards,

Simpler is good when there is no measurable problem. Using 1R 2W botching it between the bridge and the filter cap (+) cuts on bridge produced EMI if it is detectable (depends on bridge diodes type and behavior).

Simpler is good when there is no measurable problem. Using 1R 2W botching it between the bridge and the filter cap (+) cuts on bridge produced EMI if it is detectable (depends on bridge diodes type and behavior).
That's why I like to use schottky diodes.

Most probably I will have interference with these long cables, but it is only temporary to see if it all works.
I need to tidy things up with the right diodes, transformer and short cables. I have some silmic 4700uf that I want to use as the first cap, silmic would sound better but the value is maybe a bit to low?

Regards,

Regarding CX01,CX02 and CX03,CX04 - I just realized that appendix 4 of the document only talks about CX03/CX04 and the fact that RX07 will have to be bridged if an Ecap is used.

What about CX01,CX02? According to the Bom its either 220uF Ecap or film - does the same principle as described in appendix 4 apply (do I have to remove RX04 if I use 220uF Ecap in CX01)?

Regards
Sven

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
So I've been trying to figure out what to put on the board - could somebody confirm? :eek:

DC in: 49VDC (35VAC)
V Out: 36VDC
Load Consumption: 80mA (line level preamplifier)
Constant current (Q101): 200mA (lets have a little headroom :D)

R101: 20R
R103: 7kR
R105: 2kR Trimmer
R102,106: 270R (Mosfet)

D102-4: 4x green, 2V
D105,106: 2x red, 1,9v
D101: Jumper

C102,104: 10uF film

I don't know if the R/film choice is the right one for my load - its Chokys Pumpkin preamplifier, schematics here.

Many Thanks
Sven

It should basically work as you configured it. R101 20R sounds high for 200mA though. Use the calculator from post 1.