SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You got to know current flow with exact parts in that resistor's position plus exact Vf of LED(s) so to say before hand for 15V sharp. I.e. takes an experiment on the particular build tolerances. In any case that 15V will be constructed by one vbe plus any LED(s) forward drop(s) and a 2SK117's in circuit current times the series resistance value installed.

OK, Salas thanks and I see that I have to take some experiment.
But to eliminate the issues with multiplying soldering of this resistor to the printed board I just ask about the value of the 5K trimmer position for 15V, then I can calculate R103 to hit about the middle of the my 1kOhm trimmer with the following adjusting to 15V exact.
Sorry for inconvenience :)
All the best,
Andrey

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yes I know your cup of tea are polysterenes:)
Hi Merlin

I really like styrenes on tin foil, but I also like micas and other stuff... Teflon is really my prefered dielectric but as you know not all teflon caps are top notch.

I use the auricaps to "tune" some of my shunts because they have that "special" inbuilt "loudness" effect, but I prefer less "effective" caps in the signal path :)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I like also styrenes, how you say the best way is to use the caps in the best position for your target sound.

Example, for BiB in Analog I/V I use Auricaps to avoid the thin & harsh sound of digital. For SSHV2 I use as Vref Solen or old Wonder TRT now called Dynamicap both have thin sound & air sound not like styrenes but very good for tubes.

I prefer air like teflon but only reach very small values, remeber the best cap is no cap.

Ricardo I wish you Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.