SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

You need two 15Vdc regulators.
Each 15V regulator should be set for approximately the same current. The current you choose is set by the maximum peak circuit demand plus whatever you decide that the regulator needs for good performance.

You can use a pair of +ve regulators, or a pair of -ve regulators, or a -ve & +ve to create your dual +-15Vdc PSU.

You connect one channel to + - & zero volts (not a 4 wire connection).
You can connect the second channel to + - & Zero volts (again not a 4 wire connection).
Or you can build 4 regulators and connect each channel to it's own pair of regulators with a 3 wire connection.

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Sound better or worst or nothing change?

Whoops didn't realize new posts popped up in between the smiley (it's 2012 can't we be able to edit posts already?!)

as for odac, I have not connected the sslv as yet. I found the odac w/ usb power disappointing but greatly improved with a linear power supply. The sslv seems the next logical step - also I just wanted a reason to build one!

Thanks Andrew et.al.

I beleive what you are saying but I do not understand.

I'm building a + reg and neg reg for +-15V

What I am asking is:

1) If the requirement is 400ma for a +- dual reg, does the neg side output 200ma and the +side output 200 ma or do I need 400ma from both.

2) the legato inputs +15V, -15V and ground. The salas shunts output force and sense on both +reg and -reg. This gives me total of 8 wires from the regs, How do I connect the 8 wires into the legato 3 wires without blowing out anything.

regards.

Thanks Marra,

I re-read page 3.

Just to make sure,

1)I would connect the F+,S+ from the +reg to + input of Legato
2) I would connect the F-,S- from the -reg to - input of legato
3) I would tie down the F0,S0 from + reg and F0,S0 from -reg and connect to the ground of the Legato.

Let me know if I'm OK with that.

secondly,
How do I calculate current draw from 2 regs into one device? is it split with half on each or do I configure for full current on both.

thanks again.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
How much A can give IRF9520?

3A+ at 10Vin-out CCS by its safe operating area spec. This is 30W+ and I would avoid using that 40W part like that constantly, but at 2A to 2.5A it should be living longer given the sinking is good.

Attachments

• IRF9520_SOA.png
    IRF9520_SOA.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 306