SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

A Salas type regulator is bombproof.
I have explained before that one can leave the output open circuit and the regulator should not fail if designed correctly.
I have explained before that one can short circuit the output and the regulator should not fail if designed correctly.

I have stated that the heatsinking and the Main mosFET devices should be chosen to survive the worst case loadings. These are:
a.) For the CCS mosFET:- Short circuit output and maximum mains voltage.
b.) For the Shunt mosFET:- open circuit output.
These two worst case conditions cannot co-exist. Therefore some saving in heatsinking can be obtained by sharing a heatsink between the CCS & Shunt mosFETs. Again I have posted this in the past.

If you having failing components then you have designed the modified version in correctly.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Maybe persistent with a slow recovery iron weakening some parts during initial construction? Even if not, its a very good idea to use a station in general and not a mains iron. XYTRONIC LF-1600 I see in US, UK, and DE stores, Hakko FX-888 in US is a bargain, elsewhere its a rip-off or a clone, etc. But many affordable choices to get a station guys, really. Just set it at 350C and use eutectic leaded solder. A mains iron and ROHS solder is manipulating joints too heavily.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@AndrewT
Heatsink isn't the problem.

@Salas
Solder station isn't the problem.

How can increase Vout to 5,25V and current to minimum 800mA or more?

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 256
Draw or print a BIG version of the schematic.
Mark on all the component values.
Mark on the input and output voltages.
Calculate the current through every component.
Calculate the voltage at every end of every component.
Add these currents and voltages to your BIG schematic.

Now look at the schematic and check that all your additions make sense.
If you are not sure, then post a pic of your BIG marked up schematic here.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
How can increase Vout to 5,25V and current to minimum 800mA or more?

Does the huge capacitor allow the BC550C & Leds underneath to breath? Adding 0.25V its a matter you find the current you run in your Vref now and add a bit of resistance value to reach it. 2R7 R1 or bit less can boost your CCS higher. That's all in the calc, practice it.