SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Salas I forgot to tell you that the NP D1 I/V only sounded with voice without presence or deep with the BiB and when I increased the volume I heard a little of hum, whit LM317 + LM337 sounded good no hum, any idea what happens? I tried 10uF MKT & 220uF lytic as Vref also zobel 10uF MKT+1R & zobel with 47uF lytic & without R?

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 243
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Don't know, it can be the wide PSU bandwidth not helping the particular circuit. Any PSU is in the total current loop. Use whatever helps better a specific circuit. I don't know the analysis of the particular one to speculate more, not familiar with it. Hum beyond ground loops or ripple is also a sign of instability many times. Its either you can fully scope it and measure it and compensate it to play great with this reg or just skip it if it demands beyond simple experiments with parts you feel confident to perform. Or you can persist on trial & error.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I'm worried because isn't for me is for a friend who a spent a lot of money buying two R-Core, the pcbs, the components, the heatsinks, my work not because is my friend so it's free.

Salas a capacitance multiplier from Elliot Sound (attached pic) can be a good idea? the pic is for +-20Vout & I need +-15Vout Elliot said can be reach reducing 12K resistor.

P.S. thanks for help.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I'm worried because isn't for me is for a friend who a spent a lot of money buying two R-Core, the pcbs, the components, the heatsinks, my work not because is my friend so it's free.

P.S. thanks for help.

Put your scope on the reg to I/V power rail in ac mode input and post a picture. If its a matter of bad interfacing it should show weird patterns or spikes instead of simply a line. In general if so, a 100uF cap across sense only locally on the reg, kills it.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Put your scope on the reg to I/V power rail in ac mode input and post a picture. If its a matter of bad interfacing it should show weird patterns or spikes instead of simply a line. In general if so, a 100uF cap across sense only locally on the reg, kills it.

The scope I will try to do it. The 100uF cap across sense only do you refer the cap connected the positive leg to sense positive & negative leg to negative sense, right?

You can use from the phono pre pre schematic but with proper voltage chip regulator input block for your case.

I have it, I will do a look, thanks.

Joined 2009
Paid Member

Left channel thin line positive rail big line negative rail

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 239