SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Salas without resistors & caps no noise but the gain with pcm1704 is very low ZM told me to increase R6 1.5K to 1.66K to get 2VRMS output I use now 1k82 for R6 but I need to increase a lot the volume increasing the noise, do you know wich is the maximum value that can I use? I have on hand:

2K2
3K3

Thanks for support.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Salas, there is something wrong, normally this I/V sounds very low gain, now BiB is connected without caps & resistors, sound is without or lacks mid-bass & bass, when I heard the Philadelphia Sound there is a song with the voice a little bit not present but with BiB the same voice seems a few meters deep without less presence, as you know Vref & Zobel caps both are Arcotronics MKP 10uF 63V can be the NP D1 I/V needs other configuration like the clocks or digital devices? how can start first changing Vref for a lytic?

Thanks for support.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
There can be two possibilities. One is there can be high frequencies with the bib and that I/V on the rails, that needs scope. Another possibility is that the circuit needs best noise measures with high capacitance lytic. Of course this is not directly about the reg, and you should experiment and use your scope if you can. Do what is easier for you first. There can be specific demands in that circuit that are out of the purpose of this thread also.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
They look very near but their transfer function and voltage reference system differ a lot. I had matched the Hypnotize board regulator part to the audio part according to my subjective taste by iteration and re-evaluation taking in account the hot rod people too. So the Hypno is a concept buffer+reg+layout package, thanking to the way CRT successfully cooperated with my guidelines in countless emails, and Tea Bag took care of quality sourcing and organization. The Hypno is lower impedance locally on board but it lacks Kelvin for keeping it same in remote connection, also lacks a handy way for several output voltage settings. But its job description was otherwise.
1.1 BIB is higher bandwidth, has a ceiling of about 1.5A median SOA across 5V-45V if you want to keep its intended Mosfet types and subjective signature. It was conceived as a general purpose regulator, with cheaper and easier to source JFET and Mosfet parts, tweaked to float between 1.0 and 1.2R subjectively, more neutral, so to be nice in most applications possible. Noise is determined by choice of high value voltage reference filtering for best noise, or film capacitor with less THD where absolutely lowest noise is not that relevant, like line, buffer. So there you have it, you can mix elements, it will probably work with stability although I haven't modded a Hypno or Mez board with different parts, so if there is a risk you take it. Different semis have different capacitance and transconductance. Now, for result, you will judge.