SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

It's not constant. In fact it's a USB transport.
It sits at about 125mA idle, 400mA at 9V and full load (aka playing 24/192).
I've used some other drivers that let it go up to 32/384, so I assume it'll need a bit more current when playing up there. I'm assuming 500mA full load to be on the safe side.

Use IRF9620, 3 green LEDs, 1.2R 3W resistor. Has the benefit that 9620's zeroTC curves cross point is smack on your mA region and will make an exceptionally steady CCS.

Thanks Nick!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
It Is orange ?

The one's I distribute are red, a little lower forward voltage, green, a little higher, and sometimes yellow - a little in between. Orange looks to fit into that ballpark as well. With the newer boards with 4 LED CCS, just one color (red) will do IMO.
That's a strange looking LED, kinda like a RCA plug
I consider multi-comp a good brand.:D

Voltage reg now powering the BA-2 front end. Same set up as for the BA-3 although the BA-2 draws less current.

Because there is only 4-5cm between the reg and the front ends I have not used the twisted wire output configuration. There isn't room. So I have joined the two 0V on each rail and each of these is connected to the star ground of the main power supply which powers the output stage. +ve and -ve terminals on each rail are also connected on the reg board and then each is connected with a single wire to the -ve and +v terminals of the front end.
The BA-2 has up to now been running without a reg so tonight was the first time I heard it with the regulator in place. I will update you when I have had a chance to listen to some familiar pieces of music.

I just made the first test with my bib psu.

The goal is to get out 45VDC to drive my jfet phono pre.

I used 10R for R101, 6k8 R103, 5k poti and 560R test load.

The input was at 36.6VAC.

Before R101 46.7VDC, after R101 44,6VDC and on the output max. 39.5VDC.

Any hints to reach higher output voltage?

Merry christmas
Franz