SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thread for stand offs and stick them against the sinks like amplifiers it will be nice looking & space saving. We don't need precision resistors for setting the CCS because the current will always be a combination of three things, the two play (Vgs, Vf). So they will be very expensive to buy many and test current target area for no reason. We give a large current margin over consumption and we only do it for reserve and low Z.

P.S. Read more details about Vgs 9610 and current setting in updated guide section in the end of text. I have reloaded it on post#1.

Cool. Seems as if I have to redo the Rset's in my upcoming SSLV +-30V then.
I have used 10R and 8.2R for pos/neg but haven't tested it yet in lack of a suiting
transformer.
Would it be okay to set the CCS lower than 200mA when my current draw is lower than,
like, 100mA? I am building two regs (pos/neg each) to have one for each channel...

Question - Is there parts in the minikits that nobody is using, or find would be valuable to have (besides caps?)

well, i'm not using the isolators, or any of the resistors except for the 1r, i'm using PRP because i like them and red and black looks sweet hehe, adds to the menacing look the black pcb has. perhaps stick your head into the keratherm to220 isolator GB we could make it significantly larger if not too late. i think although people have their favorites, you would find that a lot of people would partake in a mur820/120 option. caps should still remain optional imo, i'll probably get some more pcbs this round and i already have all the caps i need and more

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
How do we download this pdf?

I clicked on it and waited the 30seconds for free download.
I tried to open using acrobat and it says " Can't, does not recognise file type".

So I tried to open in another window. Now it's asking me to wait for 30 minutes because I have exceeded my hourly download limit.

You just save it after you press download. Don't click open, click save. I just got one down for test. Saves OK.

Attachments

• dl.gif
    dl.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 676
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It is a bit complicated indeed. Because it covers a wide spread of applications and configurations. And it has a CCS and Vref to set. But give it a try to set a couple and then all becomes very easy to grasp. When you got the actual PCB and try for real, everything falls in place. In case of real sticking, tell us the application and current consumption so we give you the configuration, but try first, its rewarding. That's DIY. Assisted but not automatic. Automatic is no fun.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
For 9V you can use one red LED, 5k trimmer.

Depends on the application. The specific BJT configuration gives less open loop gain extension, so I would use it on digital chips mainly. Also if someone tests the BJT for higher voltages, must look at its SOA before.

Attachments

• MJE-SOA.gif
    MJE-SOA.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 536
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member