SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

Joined 2006
Paid Member
am sticking with the Silimic IIs for Vref. I am using Mundorf MKP (4.7uF) for the Zobel cap.
I have not done any listening with these, as I will need to do some re-drilling of my chassis, and a little other re-wiring (and probably a new difgital side transformer, as I need 2 x 9 Vac out for DAC and USB interface power). So it will be a little while before I do any listening. I have just been fine tuning for voltage and current. As the B-II is a popular devise, I just wanted to give people some starting points in values.

Agreed, thanks for sharing.
I will try to get an entry into my blog with some numbers for the Buffalo's. There quite a few people buying these for them.
If other popular projects or voltages come up, feel free to give me the LED, and R value details. :)
They will ask me or Salas, and Salas will tell them to break out the calc ;)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Marra,

Selectronic is very lousy in replying emails from my experience (2-3 days delay). But shipping good and fast. Maybe a bit pricey for my country (20eur.)

That's why I've turned to these guys hifispot168 | eBay. Nothing to complain and it came faster then expected.

Thanks for the link unfortunately they no longer seem to be in business!
Selectronique I have emailed twice in the past month in both English and French but they still not replied. Guess I could try phoning.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
For illustration purposes, does the dummy load look like this, where the chunky white yageo resistors are, with jumpers ?

If so its possible something else there may be toasted. Check voltages on BC560 and 2SKs'.

Attachments

• 15vdualrail.jpg
    15vdualrail.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 731
Joined 2009
Paid Member
With first +- regs I reached +-24Vout very easily but the second +- regs the posistive rail I get max +24Vout with trimmer at each max position & after warm up, negative rail only I get max -23.6Vout with trimmer at max. position, I'm using in all regs:

Tx 24VAC - 0 - 24VAC 120VA so 60Va per winding
PSU 10.000uF 63VDC Jensen 4 pole caps
Vin at the reg -33,7VDC
Load 1K 5W
R1 3R9 1.5V across (384mA)
I used two differents Tx with the same results:mad:

I don't understand the reason because first +- reg was operating OK without any problem at first attempt:confused:

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 665
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
With first +- regs I reached +-24Vout very easily but the second +- regs the posistive rail I get max +24Vout with trimmer at each max position & after warm up, negative rail only I get max -23.6Vout with trimmer at max. position, I'm using in all regs:

Tx 24VAC - 0 - 24VAC 120VA so 60Va per winding
PSU 10.000uF 63VDC Jensen 4 pole caps
Vin at the reg -33,7VDC
Load 1K 5W
R1 3R9 1.5V across (384mA)
I used two differents Tx with the same results:mad:

I don't understand the reason because first +- reg was operating OK without any problem at first attempt:confused:

Add a resistor into diode position, or swap out the R203 for something larger.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The guide writes 1K8 resistor also. Is that resistor 1K8? Anyway, add 1K instead of the Zener jumper, should give you enough conversion to reach 24V with ease.

P.S. I see you edited. The examples in the guides state they assume a certain in circuit IDSS. If a FET chances a bit weaker or stronger it takes compensation in the values.