SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

On Duty

For one more time, i'm impressed from the performance of these regs.
The sound character is same to the Salas HV regs i already use, which can be described as fast and solid, but this area is already covered by other builders.
There is plenty of room for tuning on the Vref C102,202,302 and Zobel R 107,207,307 capacitors. The 15μF EVOX MMK gave emphasis to the mids and sounded restricted to the sides of the audio band. I'm now trying some 4.7μF MKP4 i had in hand and they sound much more balanced.
The oven is on, time for cooking! Thanks Salas for the design and Tea-Bag for the GB.

Attachments

• IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 764
in general, or are you referring to something in particular? perhaps the big *** film cap with 1mOhm in the spec? the 100uf one says 0.5mOhm, I dont know what frequency they are quoting that at, if its DC, its intended use, then its pretty impressive. measuring Rms of a sine wave before and after it perhaps? kinda like transconductance. not sure.

Last edited:
Nice that you had success. Do the sinks get warm enough?

Absolutely yes!
I know, i have to measure the current drawn from the I/V stage, i'm sure i'm running these regs >200mA over load current consumption.

More on Cref and Czobel..
I tried bypassing the MMK and MKP with 0.01 MKP1837. Speaking subjectively, bypassing gives you at first a sense of improvement but after a while you realize that they confuse the sound.
Now playing with some Sonicaps..

Attachments

• IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 727
Are they integral to the main boards? If pulled out what happens? No way to bridge their lines to load? Or are optional add-ons and the system has easy way to be configured with and without them?

The 3 vertical shunts are optional add-ons that bypass the 3 onboard series regs. The horizontal 2-reg board has no onboard stock regs.
It's very easy to remove all of them and power each line from other regs.