SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Ooops, it has a full own symmetric switching DC supply with virtual ground inside, just saw at Dyna's website. So it probably charges up at power on.

''The P-75 mkII power supply runs at over 1/4MHz. It takes the low grade single voltage DC supply from the ac adapter and converts it to the dual high voltages required for true professional quality audio reproduction. The operating frequency is over 12 times higher than the top of the audio band and it incorporates super low noise wideband regulators in its output stage to give ultra low noise supply rails. The internal P-75 mkII power supply is totally self contained and stores many times the maximum possible energy requirements ''

Don't touch anything inside, just feed it what it wants.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Also they ascertain: ''This means that the quality or size of the external ac adaptor is irrelevant. Increasing the capacity of the external supply will make no difference to the quality of the sound.''

Lets see, is it really irrelevant what quality you feed it?

Also they ascertain: ''This means that the quality or size of the external ac adaptor is irrelevant. Increasing the capacity of the external supply will make no difference to the quality of the sound.''

Lets see, is it really irrelevant what quality you feed it?

Ha ha ah ,

They prob. haven't tried my 15$ battery solution,

That makes a great difference

Per

Ooops, it has a full own symmetric switching DC supply with virtual ground inside, just saw at Dyna's website. So it probably charges up at power on.

''The P-75 mkII power supply runs at over 1/4MHz. It takes the low grade single voltage DC supply from the ac adapter and converts it to the dual high voltages required for true professional quality audio reproduction. The operating frequency is over 12 times higher than the top of the audio band and it incorporates super low noise wideband regulators in its output stage to give ultra low noise supply rails. The internal P-75 mkII power supply is totally self contained and stores many times the maximum possible energy requirements ''

Don't touch anything inside, just feed it what it wants.

OK thanx, comes to me now when its in writing, im actually aiming for leaving it original and selling it, its good but i have parts coming from MOuser for my next project: The Analogue Addicts Phono Preamplifier 2006 Edition

Ok sleep now, only 6 days to go before 1 sunny week at Karpatos

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
My sister has been there off season once and told me that when the wind was strong and the sea was high it was an almost filmic sight when watching from the cliff perched houses.
Now the temps are summer time practically, everybody was out on T-Shirts in Athens today, should be splendid down south as well.

I don' t know the exact temperature here in Poros, but I am just going for a swim - as I ' ve been doing the last few days!

Attachments

• 318122_162707380522568_154402548019718_206511_101215649_n.jpg
    318122_162707380522568_154402548019718_206511_101215649_n.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 380
BiB reg unhappy?

I have built a number of these regs and everything has worked quite well until now.
I am trying to power a SOtM USB output card in my music server with a BiB reg. Using the electrolytic output cap option (47 uF Silimic 2), this a 12 volt device. I have plenty of current available, and everything works, but the reg has over 100 mV AC on its output, but it woks fine on a resistive dummy load. The real load does have quite a bit of C at its input (I see >2500 uF or so), could this capacitance be causing the problem? Should I try adding a 1R at R307, or...?
Thanks for any help guys.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its oscillation you got on output due to large phase shift with a combination of components on that load that work against best system stability with BIB. Or even partial interference. Use another 47u soldered with short legs directly across S+/S0 BIB take off side. If that ain't enough to make AC mV unreadable, additionally buffer the load with 1R in series on its own board +V point. Move the now receiving node's F+/S+ incoming connections on the buffer resistor's free leg.

Thanks!

Its oscillation you got on output due to large phase shift with a combination of components on that load that work against best system stability with BIB. Or even partial interference. Use another 47u soldered with short legs directly across S+/S0 BIB take off side. If that ain't enough to make AC mV unreadable, additionally buffer the load with 1R in series on its own board +V point. Move the now receiving node's F+/S+ incoming connections on the buffer resistor's free leg.

Salas, you were right on. I added another 47 uF cap directly across the sense outputs, and the reg now appears to be entirely stable (mV AC below the limits of my meter).