SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

I want to order some boards but dont understand the spreadsheet. I want the Bib combo plus extra negative boards to match. I see the listing for minikits, but i assumed this was for the parts and not the boards. Am I correct or do I just need to add IRF negetive kit to balance with extra positive from Bib kit?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I want to order some boards but dont understand the spreadsheet. I want the Bib combo plus extra negative boards to match. I see the listing for minikits, but i assumed this was for the parts and not the boards. Am I correct or do I just need to add IRF negetive kit to balance with extra positive from Bib kit?

BiB are two positives + one negative so can not ask one extra negative board to match, you have to aske two BiB so 4 positive + 2 negative regs. Yes the minikit are only parts and are completely separate of your BiB pcb boards.

N.B. Will be better if you ask all your questions in the GB thread.

Last edited:
the audible difference is very very subtle

Correction...

I am totally convinced now after listening to several albums (Virgil Fox Big Organ, direct to disc cut using a John Curl mixer; Mozart; Pink Floyd and right now Fairground Attraction):

My simplistic RIAA beats the Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0 DAC now by worlds, analog compared to digital reproduction.

Better bass, analog mids, absolutely no listening fatigue.

Thanks Salas!

Franz

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Correction...

I am totally convinced now after listening to several albums (Virgil Fox Big Organ, direct to disc cut using a John Curl mixer; Mozart; Pink Floyd and right now Fairground Attraction):

My simplistic RIAA beats the Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0 DAC now by worlds, analog compared to digital reproduction.

Better bass, analog mids, absolutely no listening fatigue.

Thanks Salas!

Franz

Hi Franz

You will be amazed if you increase current to 300mA. (You need heatsinks)

Fine. Enjoy, & Merry Xmas.

Happy Holidays to you and family!

One question regarding your shunt regulator, I need a bipolar supply (+/- 3.6), can I just use two positive regulators using a virtual ground in the middle ?
does this solution regulate well for both polarities? any issue?

Of course, each regulator is feed with a dedicated trafo and bridge..

Thanks !
regards
Valeriano

I need a bipolar supply (+/- 3.6), can I just use two positive regulators using a virtual ground in the middle ?
Use a dual secondary transformer. Build two completely separate rectifier/smoothing caps/+ve regulators.
You end up with two isolated supplies.
Just connect these independent supplies in series.

You can also use two -ve regulators, if you wish.

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope this will be the year your audio dreams come true; on the other hand what's the point of that if there is nothing left to build!

I would like some feedback on the possibility of putting some large caps between the SSLV regs and the front ends of the BA-2 and BA-3. Is this possible with the shunt design and if so what value caps would I need? The idea is to 'hide' the shunt regs from the front ends.
Chris

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Happy New Year to everyone. I hope this will be the year your audio dreams come true; on the other hand what's the point of that if there is nothing left to build!

I would like some feedback on the possibility of putting some large caps between the SSLV regs and the front ends of the BA-2 and BA-3. Is this possible with the shunt design and if so what value caps would I need? The idea is to 'hide' the shunt regs from the front ends.
Chris

Hi Chris

Why do you want to "hide" the shunts ?