SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

This weekend i'll start populating my first BiB board...
i'll use it with v-dac II, now i'm using a 7812 circuit overvolted to 14V to power it.
i've measured that the dac needs 200/220ma...
i've read the guide but i'm not shure how to find the R101 value..

i want a 13,5/14V output at 200/300ma, what value i need for that resistor?

thanks

The BiB is now installed driving the BA-3 front end. For those who might be considering using this regulator for the BA-3 here are some of values of components used which seem to work.
R101 ended up as 12ohms with 1.4 volts across it so 116mA per rail for the BA-3 with three green LEDs.
Heatsinks still getting hot because the inside of a class A amp case will get hot so I'd advise at least 7degC/W heatsinks all round although you might get away with 9degC/W.
I used 1.6Kohm resistor in the voltage regulator circuit instead of the recommended 1.8 but this seems fine for a setting of 25Volts.
I shall be using the regulator on the BA-2 front end shortly and as this is currently being powered from the main supply (C-R-C) which supplies the power boards as well, it will be interesting to note the differences.
Incidentally, I fogot to check the Idss values of the SK117 when I first built the reg. I had to take them all out and of course found a big variation in values, some exceeding 5mA. These were replaced as per instructions keeping between 3-5mA. The alteration in sound after these changes was noted as a decrease in upper frequency hardness but the changes were slight.
Chris

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
My +5V bib prior to being fitted in my optivol/dcb1 preamp. two +- pcb's and one +12V board to power my Xono[when I figure out what its current draw is] and a vccs by Paul Hynes.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

SAM_0057.jpg