SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th August 2011, 07:31 PM   #201
diyAudio Member

Default I..

am sticking with the Silimic IIs for Vref. I am using Mundorf MKP (4.7uF) for the Zobel cap.
I have not done any listening with these, as I will need to do some re-drilling of my chassis, and a little other re-wiring (and probably a new difgital side transformer, as I need 2 x 9 Vac out for DAC and USB interface power). So it will be a little while before I do any listening. I have just been fine tuning for voltage and current. As the B-II is a popular devise, I just wanted to give people some starting points in values.
Old 12th August 2011, 01:53 AM   #202
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the update barrows, this is very useful information. I'm doing something very similar, and now have the Trident regs for my Buffalo 2. Was wondering where to start with this sort of load. I still have to re-drill also....
Old 12th August 2011, 10:43 AM   #203
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrows View Post
am sticking with the Silimic IIs for Vref. I am using Mundorf MKP (4.7uF) for the Zobel cap.
I have not done any listening with these, as I will need to do some re-drilling of my chassis, and a little other re-wiring (and probably a new difgital side transformer, as I need 2 x 9 Vac out for DAC and USB interface power). So it will be a little while before I do any listening. I have just been fine tuning for voltage and current. As the B-II is a popular devise, I just wanted to give people some starting points in values.
Agreed, thanks for sharing.
I will try to get an entry into my blog with some numbers for the Buffalo's. There quite a few people buying these for them.
If other popular projects or voltages come up, feel free to give me the LED, and R value details.
They will ask me or Salas, and Salas will tell them to break out the calc
Salas Boards 2014 #2 On order |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 12th August 2011, 11:40 AM   #204
Marra is online now Marra  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
Marra,

Selectronic is very lousy in replying emails from my experience (2-3 days delay). But shipping good and fast. Maybe a bit pricey for my country (20eur.)

That's why I've turned to these guys hifispot168 | eBay. Nothing to complain and it came faster then expected.
Thanks for the link unfortunately they no longer seem to be in business!
Selectronique I have emailed twice in the past month in both English and French but they still not replied. Guess I could try phoning.

Last edited by Marra; 12th August 2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 13th August 2011, 11:13 AM   #205
diyAudio Member

greetings,

tried to fire up for 18V usage with plitron tfo. the 3 green leds light up, the 2 red leds don't light up. getting about 2.5V output. Tried the 9V batery test on the leds and they all light up.

What can I test next?

regards.
Old 13th August 2011, 11:19 AM   #206
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Maybe you left some unused position and did not jumper in the voltage making area?
Old 13th August 2011, 11:46 AM   #207
diyAudio Member

I only jumpered the zener position. used 1.8K R and 5K trimmer for voltage regulation
Old 13th August 2011, 12:03 PM   #208
diyAudio Member

Did you to test output resistor? OR is device under test, tested?
Salas Boards 2014 #2 On order |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 13th August 2011, 12:22 PM   #209
diyAudio Member

gave it a dummy R load when I fired it up. using 10R at 301

turning the trimmer does not change the V either.

using a 18V AC tfo
Old 13th August 2011, 12:40 PM   #210
diyAudio Member

For illustration purposes, does the dummy load look like this, where the chunky white yageo resistors are, with jumpers ?

If so its possible something else there may be toasted. Check voltages on BC560 and 2SKs'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15vdualrail.jpg (157.8 KB, 517 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!