SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Is that where the strong women come from? :)

Lesbos or "Lesvos" island known for Ouzo and olive oil is home of the Lesbian people. Lesbos="Λέσβος" where β sounds like v. Because the ancient female lyric poet Sappho was very probably born there and her work centered around infatuations, love, and passions about both sexes but between women also, gay women got named after her place of birth no earlier than in the 19th century by scholars probably.

Q102 has 50V max spec. The voltage across it is VinDC-3xLedVf. That is the input limit. It will be on the edge even if careful and with only 5V Vin-Vout. Not recommended, risky for mains variations or input transient.

Hi all

Could the input voltage (or Security margin) be raised a few volts, if you put a R or some leds above Q102, to drop some volts?

Or would that decrease performance?

Peter

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Not on a BIB board without hacking it. A resistor up to 4K7 messes with the IDSS and PSR a bit but its rather passable. Note the current on Q102's G to S resistor before, and lower its value to restore Id if you will see less after the Rdropper's addition. LEDS, you will need more botch space but they add less resistance, contributing their little new noise though.

ok, i have measured led: red ones are all mostly the same- 1.84 Uf and green too- 2 Uf
Jfet idss is beyond me (I have ebay gadget which measures them but it is not Idss I suspect but general I value, for instance I=56mA and U=392mV, but It is probably gives nothing).
So If I take those reds (2) and greens (3) with 23 v after rectification I get
R101 of 10 R
R103 would be something like 3k5 and trimmer about 1k3

Not on a BIB board without hacking it. A resistor up to 4K7 messes with the IDSS and PSR a bit but its rather passable. Note the current on Q102's G to S resistor before, and lower its value to restore Id if you will see less after the Rdropper's addition. LEDS, you will need more botch space but they add less resistance, contributing their little new noise though.

Hmm ... Does LEDs give less noise than a resistor?

With 4k7 above Q2, the current drops 1,5% (way less than the temperature drift from startup)

That doesn't seem to hurt performance ...

peter

Hi, sorry for troubling you.I have populated a Back in Black positive board using ifr 9610 (q301) and irf9530n(Q306) having a bit of trouble. Would like to try and solve it myself but are these calculations right?

From the pdf

I want 0.06amps at 28volt

so I need the regulator 70-150ma > what I need
I take a figure of 100ma

therefore the regulator must give 160ma
R301 sets the current

R301 current= R301 volts/ Resistance in ohms of R301

R301 volts= LED voltage forward drop-MOSFET VGS (from graph)

R301 volts= 5.8volts(three green leds)-4.5 (from graph on pdf last page)

R301 volts=1.3

so for 160ma I need : 1.3/0.16

R301 should be 8.125 ohms

ie an 8-10 ohm resistor will suffice

wattage rating of resistor is IR=.16*10=1.6

thus r301 is a 2 to 5 watt resistor at 8 to 10 ohm (8 to 10 ohm because it gives me a current setting in the 70-150ma "add on" to your desired current setting)

Last edited: