SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

The output voltage of a choke input filter is ~ 0.9*Vac
The output of a capacitor input filter is ~ 1.4* Vac

BUT !!!!!! the choke input filter requires a narrow range of load current to give the predicted output voltage.
When the load current drops below the required value, the output voltage rises towards the capacitor input voltage., i.e. the output voltage rises by ~50% at very low currents.

He has a bleeder but now he is going clc anyway. Choke input could do with snubbing too for compensating the ringing when the bridge diodes cut off.

CLC did not help. Nose is got up.
However, I did not used two identical Cs.
I used what I have: out from rectifier -> 4700uF 63V Nichicon KG -> choke -> 1000uF 50V Elna RSF.
Snubbing on choke or on rectifier diodes?

uhm..uhm, This error has not been resolved. I do not know why?, before that I had run over 1 hour for test, the voltage DC drop and last measured is 14.75 -14.76 vdc.

Now, start point at 14.44VDC and increased 0.5VDC after >30 minutes. Should I note the red zoned in the image ? . I will check carefully and let you know .

Thanks you .

Attachments

• note.jpg
    note.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    543 KB · Views: 221
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Use best part of total towards the fixed resistor to reduce the contribution of the trimmer only to what is needed to adjust over a small comfortable range. The trimmer is more unstable than an good ppm fixed resistor especially with hot sinks so near. Measure now across trimmer and resistor to know the total you use in ohm so to proportion better. With power off.