SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

Stajo will advise you on that, who has a stash of chokes to check out. Me I said use a cmult cascade at the output.

My "cmult cascade" is still intact.
I just added toroid primary as a choke. I can leave it there, but I need to install it at Raw DC box. My pre-amp box has no space for it.
However, I'm sure right value choke can remove all my AC junk coming from Raw DC.

What you mean, you added a second cmult in series and you still get variation in hiss by playing at the raw end? Then its an EMI thing mainly.

No. Please see attached picture.

Attachments

• Alex PSU final for MC_1.jpg
    Alex PSU final for MC_1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 220
Nick kalimera

I wanted to ask, is there an optimal temperature that the fets should work in?
I do not expect you to give me a specific Celsius value. But I am currently using a big heatsink for one of my BiBs and it is running pretty much cold. Should I allow the fets to heat up a bit ?

Thanks again

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Nick kalimera

I wanted to ask, is there an optimal temperature that the fets should work in?
I do not expect you to give me a specific Celsius value. But I am currently using a big heatsink for one of my BiBs and it is running pretty much cold. Should I allow the fets to heat up a bit ?

Thanks again

In electronics the cooler the better if its not a matter of needing extra power. In case of a bib, extra power can go towards lower self output impedance, so why not take some advantage of the spare cooling and rev it up a bit.

In electronics the cooler the better if its not a matter of needing extra power. In case of a bib, extra power can go towards lower self output impedance, so why not take some advantage of the spare collong and rev it up a bit.

Yeah it was in the back of my head to try something like that... I just need to get a bigger trafo. Big smile :)

We don t need no water let the freaking thing burn :)