SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales - Page 111 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2012, 10:23 PM   #1101
diyAudio Member
 
pellesmil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Near, Oslo Norway
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Is it a high start up current need from the Riaa, or some instability between the reg and Riaa?
yes i guess its a high startup current, when using a battery i see a spark when connecting power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Are there any high value electrolytics on the Riaa +V that they try charge up and demand much instant current?
i dont know i will investigate later i suppose so


Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
What do you mean helping it with the battery? Touching the battery between V+ & GND Riaa and then it kickstarts?
Yes

Thanks gain

Per
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 10:25 PM   #1102
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Ooops, it has a full own symmetric switching DC supply with virtual ground inside, just saw at Dyna's website. So it probably charges up at power on.

''The P-75 mkII power supply runs at over 1/4MHz. It takes the low grade single voltage DC supply from the ac adapter and converts it to the dual high voltages required for true professional quality audio reproduction. The operating frequency is over 12 times higher than the top of the audio band and it incorporates super low noise wideband regulators in its output stage to give ultra low noise supply rails. The internal P-75 mkII power supply is totally self contained and stores many times the maximum possible energy requirements ''

Don't touch anything inside, just feed it what it wants.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 10:29 PM   #1103
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Also they ascertain: ''This means that the quality or size of the external ac adaptor is irrelevant. Increasing the capacity of the external supply will make no difference to the quality of the sound.''

Lets see, is it really irrelevant what quality you feed it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 10:36 PM   #1104
diyAudio Member
 
pellesmil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Near, Oslo Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Also they ascertain: ''This means that the quality or size of the external ac adaptor is irrelevant. Increasing the capacity of the external supply will make no difference to the quality of the sound.''

Lets see, is it really irrelevant what quality you feed it?
Ha ha ah ,

They prob. haven't tried my 15$ battery solution,

That makes a great difference

Per
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 10:41 PM   #1105
diyAudio Member
 
pellesmil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Near, Oslo Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Ooops, it has a full own symmetric switching DC supply with virtual ground inside, just saw at Dyna's website. So it probably charges up at power on.

''The P-75 mkII power supply runs at over 1/4MHz. It takes the low grade single voltage DC supply from the ac adapter and converts it to the dual high voltages required for true professional quality audio reproduction. The operating frequency is over 12 times higher than the top of the audio band and it incorporates super low noise wideband regulators in its output stage to give ultra low noise supply rails. The internal P-75 mkII power supply is totally self contained and stores many times the maximum possible energy requirements ''

Don't touch anything inside, just feed it what it wants.
OK thanx, comes to me now when its in writing, im actually aiming for leaving it original and selling it, its good but i have parts coming from MOuser for my next project: The Analogue Addicts Phono Preamplifier 2006 Edition

Ok sleep now, only 6 days to go before 1 sunny week at Karpatos

Last edited by pellesmil; 1st May 2012 at 10:47 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 10:55 PM   #1106
massimo is offline massimo  Italy
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milan, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pellesmil View Post
Ok sleep now, only 6 days to go before 1 sunny week at Karpatos
Nice! Expect sun, mild temperature and strong wind in Karpathos !
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 07:05 PM   #1107
diyAudio Member
 
pellesmil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Near, Oslo Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
Nice! Expect sun, mild temperature and strong wind in Karpathos !
Would take wind long before temperature near minus deg as we have seen some nights ago
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 07:20 PM   #1108
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
My sister has been there off season once and told me that when the wind was strong and the sea was high it was an almost filmic sight when watching from the cliff perched houses.
Now the temps are summer time practically, everybody was out on T-Shirts in Athens today, should be splendid down south as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:20 AM   #1109
massimo is offline massimo  Italy
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milan, Italy
Today Athens 31 partially cloud, Karpathos 25 sunny and mild wind (Beaufort 4), Milan (where I live) 23 sunny.
End O.T.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:41 AM   #1110
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Today Matigny 23 very nice sunny day.
__________________
RC
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg Tea-Bag Group Buys 1464 20th July 2014 01:54 PM
WTB : Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt CaNNA3IS Swap Meet 1 24th November 2013 09:43 AM
FS : 2 x Salas SSLV1.1 BiB PCB + 6 x IRF MiniKits korben69 Swap Meet 6 2nd July 2013 09:32 AM
Some VX.2 Builds CSS/XBL CSS 0 11th April 2013 05:34 PM
so who here builds amps amp builder jb Tubes / Valves 29 15th July 2005 08:23 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:08 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2