Tony's latest traffo DIY build

hi tony thanks for the reply,
now i made the mandrel with concrete,(cement+concrete small stones) its perfect and accurate size .
with wood mandrel cant cut accurate size.
can i use 14awg instead 13 awg for secondary, and 17awg instead 16awg for primary?

yes, i believe that you are using the British standards for wires in India, so that you actually need smaller gauges....please look here....http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Gauge_Chart.pdf

what you can do is take the diameter of the wires that are available locally to you and compare them with the table....

2400VA 80-40-0-40-80 torroid

Mga sir need your advice:
May na order po ako ng torroid transformer from china.
Primary 0-220V 50Hz
Secondary 80-40-0-40-80 unload
2400VA
Weights 16Kg.

When i connected it to mains 240VAC, bigla po nag trip ang breaker namin sa bahay na 32A. I tried to measure the resistance of the primary, result is zero ohms.

Ano po kaya ang posibling dahilan? May issue po ba ang transformer? Or yung breaker sa bahay namin?
Paano ko po ma test yung transformer?

Need your advice mga sir especially boss Tony.

Thanks..

Mga sir need your advice:
May na order po ako ng torroid transformer from china.
Primary 0-220V 50Hz
Secondary 80-40-0-40-80 unload
2400VA
Weights 16Kg.

When i connected it to mains 240VAC, bigla po nag trip ang breaker namin sa bahay na 32A. I tried to measure the resistance of the primary, result is zero ohms.

Ano po kaya ang posibling dahilan? May issue po ba ang transformer? Or yung breaker sa bahay namin?
Paano ko po ma test yung transformer?

Need your advice mga sir especially boss Tony.

Thanks..

this is an English speaking forum.....i will let you go this time since andrewt seems to understand your post.....

did you test that traffo without anything connected to the secondary?

this is an English speaking forum.....i will let you go this time since andrewt seems to understand your post.....

did you test that traffo without anything connected to the secondary?

Oopss.. My apologize to everyone for using different language.

Thanks sir Tony..

Yes Sir, i tested it without anything connected to the secondary.
If you dont mind,
I have the datasheet of the transformer, maybe You want to check it. So that you can advice me.
I just need your email sir.

Thanks a lot.

Hi John,

How much did you bought the 2400kVA toroid?

Hi Dong,

I ordered the torroid from Zhenshen China

P/N:ZMB1506: Input Voltage: 220V, Secondary: 4x40 (80-40-0-40-80) 20A 3200VA
Price:160USD/pc for 100pcs order quantity and 200USD/pc for one pc order quantity;
Our P/N:ZMB1505: Input Voltage: 220V, Secondary: 4x40 (80-40-0-40-80) 15A 2400VA
Price:115/pc for 100pcs order quantity and 150USD/pc for one pc order quantity

NOTE: The freight cost is 80USD here i Singapore.
I dont know the shipment to philippines.
I received te item 5 days after i made the payment.

Transformers manufacturer" <sales@inductor-transformer.com>

Regards,
John L.

To Sir AndrewT and Boss Tony,

My problem has been solved after i installed the soft circuit in the primary of my 2400VA Torroid Transformer.

Thank you guys.

Best Regards,
John L.

that's good to hear, with your traffo rated at 2400VA, primary currents can run to over 10amps, wire sizes for primary can be #12....that explains the almost 0 ohms dc resistance of the primary....

10ohm/50watt resistor is good for soft starting...

so if you are in Singapore, what probably happened was that you tripped the ELCB in your flat, in manila we do not have such regulations, only OL breakers, no provision for leakage current detection....

2 small torrids I bought

Attached with are photos of 2 torrids primary already there , 240 volts 40 ampere and other 240 volts 60 ampere,will varnish them tape with glass fiber cloth and than secondaries, already bought 10 s.w.g. 15 k.g. for secondaries.

Attachments

• 100_2200.JPG
    100_2200.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 331
my modified traffo winding machine

This Machine I bought as scrap, cleaned it,increased the height of posts fitted it tuned it painted it, and fitted with D.C. Motor worm gear box,pulley and v belt now it is powered to wind traffos core section of 4" X 8" , 2 nos. 12 s.w.g. wires tightly it can pull with ease

Attachments

• Copy of 100_1757.JPG
    Copy of 100_1757.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 312