Tony's latest traffo DIY build

Hi all,
Is there any update from you good guys?
I am on going to wind a pair OPT for 2A3 and 300B. (tap for 2.5K and 3.5K)
With the lamination has tongue 35mm, stack 60mm and I don't know about it's magnetic permeability, therefore my "blind" calculation as per below:
- Pri using .25mm wire (.28mm with enamel), Sec using .35 wire (.38 with enamel)
- Pri: 140 turns/layer and Sec: 110 turns/layer
- Pri 3K5: 2790 turns (20 layers)
- Pri 2K5: 2358 turns (17 layers)
- Sec 5.4 ohm (for imp. 6ohm): 110 turns of bifilar .35mm wire
- Sec 7.4 ohm (for imp. 8ohm): 128 turns of bifilar .35mm wire
Interleave as 6-P & 5-S.
Could you please give us any advice about that? And if there is any way to check the permeability of lamination or way to get the most accurate of the primary turns, could you help me?
Any help is appreciate. Thank you very much.

you can take inductance measurements with just the built up coils and then measure the inductance with the irons installed...
any inductance reading you take with the irons on will probably be half when dc current is present in circuit...

Thanks Tony, for your so prompt reply.
As I remember from reading somewhere, there is an experimental formula like: Inductance = constant * N^2 with N is the turns of the coil. I don't remember exactly so if this is it, could you pls correct me?
Thank you.

Thanks Tony, for your so prompt reply.
As I remember from reading somewhere, there is an experimental formula like: Inductance = constant * N^2 with N is the turns of the coil. I don't remember exactly so if this is it, could you pls correct me?
Thank you.

RDH3 and RDH4 can be downloaded fro Pette Millette's site....Technical books online
this is my go to guy when it comes to audio transformer builds.....
Patrick Turner....output-trans-theory
never met the guy but i sure would like to shake his hand and give him thanks....:D

RDH3 and RDH4 can be downloaded fro Pette Millette's site....Technical books online
this is my go to guy when it comes to audio transformer builds.....
Patrick Turner....output-trans-theory
never met the guy but i sure would like to shake his hand and give him thanks....:D

Thanks Mr. Tony. I learning from that but not sure that I am correct (because I dont have much experience). So my calculation as above, could you give me some advice or comment. Waiting from you.

tube output traffo making is more of an art than science...
it is the winding geometry you choose,
insulating materials, copper wires and
finally the quality of iron that you use that will determine
if you made a good taffo or not...
just gain experience, it will teach you more than what
info you will get from here...or anywhere else....

sorry i forgot uploading pics

Attachments

• Toroide core 01.jpg
    Toroide core 01.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 458
if you click the link you will see this....
Epoxy Coated Toroid, Id=3.500", Od=6.125", Ht=2.125", 2683 VA Relative Power Handling, 0.684 V/turn @60Hz, 15KG
Option: 117V 60Hz Primary, 166 turns of AWG#12 155 C magnet wire. 6" self-lead wire Includes taped primary.

so in India, that will be 332 turns #16 wires,
turns per volt = 1.42

you can use #14 wires for secondaries...

Sir Tony, could you help me with this transformer that I want to build? I have 1 3/4" deeco core stacked to 3 inches. I am planning to build a 220V primary with 50-0-50 secondary. Could you help me with the turns and size of the wires considering the maximum secondary current that could fit in this core? I would like to maximize the current capacity for the 50-0-50 secondary. Thank you very much.

Sir Tony, could you help me with this transformer that I want to build? I have 1 3/4" deeco core stacked to 3 inches. I am planning to build a 220V primary with 50-0-50 secondary. Could you help me with the turns and size of the wires considering the maximum secondary current that could fit in this core? I would like to maximize the current capacity for the 50-0-50 secondary. Thank you very much.

1.45 turns per volt..
#19 primary
#15 secondary
bobbins are available for this size of coil