SMPS Trouble

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Behringer Europower PMP980S that had a repair attempt for a no start by another tech. When I received the unit I discovered the previous technician had pulled all of the cableing from the AC Filter board to the SMPS and left it flying and not connected.

Can anyone here at DIY tell me the correct locations for these cables?

Behringer did not put location designators on the cables as they did on the PCP, duh, and I'm at my wits end without a schematic or model to copy.

Thanks for any help given, I much appreciate it.

Problem Found Need Cap Value

Hi, and thanks for your reply Hesener.

I discovered an overheated 47K Resistor in board position R52. Next to it was a fried Disc Capacitor in Board Position C50. I removed the suspect miscreant parts and placed a known good 47K Resistor on the back side of the board-to facilite ease of execution in removal-and left the Capacitor position vacant. I then connected the cables as best my tracing of the circuit would allow and brought up the supply slowly with my Variac. Tah Dah, the DC fan for the output section began whirring happily and I suspect I have found the no start problem.

Now I am trying to determine the value of the fried Capacitor. I can only read the numeral 4 at the beginning, a K at the end. At the top is a B and the bottom has EG on it.

Therefore I believe it to be Manufactured by EG in China, and the value is probably a 472pF at 500V. Or could I be mistaken? Anyone out there know the true value of C50 on the Main Power Board for a Behringer Europower PMP980S?

I don't have a schematic, since Behringer doesn't hand them out to any Old Tech.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
good to hear you are up and running, it seems!

difficult question.... without any schematic or further information as to where that cap sits, it will be difficult. On the high voltage side, caps will have to be X- or Y rated caps, and mostly will be foil caps. A ceramic cap might be around the PWM or PFC controller, but that is pure suspicion. can you post a picture?

Now I am trying to determine the value of the fried Capacitor. I can only read the numeral 4 at the beginning, a K at the end. At the top is a B and the bottom has EG on it.

Therefore I believe it to be Manufactured by EG in China, and the value is probably a 472pF at 500V. Or could I be mistaken? Anyone out there know the true value of C50 on the Main Power Board for a Behringer Europower PMP980S?
Pictures please. 472 is not the value, it means 4700pf = 4n7 if it actually is that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.