Low Noise Linear regulator power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No ripple to worry about, clean depends on installation as much as anything, likewise noise - it shouldn't be a problem unless the vehicle has it's own issues or the driver likes to leave the blinker on. :)
I Googled "car dc converter -inverter +regulated". I don't know where you are, but the Coby CA709 IC Regulated 800mA Universal DC Car Converter is available from the world's largest retailer.

I've read about that AQVOX adapter before and haven't seen anything like it for cars.

But... you could use a 12vdc to 120vac auto inverter

Walmart.com: DP Audio Video, Car Power Inverter: Auto Electronics

then plug the AQVOX into that to take it back down to 5vdc. :D The AQVOX seems to be well filtered so it should get rid of any noise from the inverter.

Like Andrew says technically all you need is a LM7805 regulator IC with a filter circuit in front of it. But if you are not into building circuits then the above would do the job.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.