capacitor value help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,
I'm needing some input on possible replacement values for an Arp pro/dgx bipolar power supply.
Can I use a different value than the 250mf cap spec'd for C5 and C1?
It seems to me that I could go higher without adverse effects, possibly might improve ripple?
I would also like to change out C6 and C7. I have a variety of caps available other than the ones on the power supply.
Currently only the +15v seems defective only outputting +6.25v dc.
When I set my VOM to auto it fluctuates between the ac and dc scales. AC reads 7.5v and then jumps to dc.
Is this a possible symptom of unfiltered output coming from bad cap (C1)?

Attachments

• arppsver2schem.JPG
    arppsver2schem.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 102
It is a ua723 voltage Ic regulator . http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/texasinstruments/ua723.pdf

So you have to check first the input input voltage accros Ci, I think some 20V DC,

After that, check the reference voltage of the ua723 = 7,23V , pin 5. If it is OK

Check the voltage accros the current limiting resistor , much lower than 0,6V, if not lower than 0,6V , than disconnect the output capacitor C4 is may be a short circuited and replace it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.