Meanwell 27V 13A vs Noname with same spec?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's pretty clear to me that the Meanwell SMPS are good in audio applications and I have a 27V in mind for a class D-amp.

If I compare the specs of the "noname" (approximately USD30 incl shipping) with those branded Meanwell (~USD50 incl. shipping) they are identical!

Meanwell: http://www.sure-electronics.net/Modders/PT-IP013_2.jpg
Noname: http://img.alibaba.com/img/pb/367/437/278/278437367_658.jpg

Will I be as well off with the noname (but with USD20 more on my pocket)?

Anyone tried the noname power supplies?

Thank you

like in most cases, to make it, east is cheaper (china)
also if it is a copy... then again parts could be diffrent, cheaper
I mean, what you get with know name you know it will have to work, since they got big that way, for no name, they don't really care, as long as they sell

20$ is not that much this days, but then again it is, from the price point of view is always hard to take on or the other... but it not like you will have a price difference here of 100 or more $. I would say go with known

Last edited:
I had a no-name 36v s-350. It was very good. Having said that, i haven't had a meanwell so i can't directly compare-- if anyone has had both i would love to hear from you!

They seem to be full clones of the meanwell supplies, with the same layout etc. Build quality on the board seems fine (only 'negative' i can find is the I/O posts aren't parallel to the casing). If so only component choice could make a difference..

What components are crucial for the SQ out of the amp? Why don't we see any modding of the power supplies with better components?
I guess the caps might be a prime candidate but I have seen posts derriding the quality used by meanwell, so i doubt they score points here.

Would anyone care to take a hi-res image of their meanwell's innards (i will do the same with mine) to compare??
I am particularly interested in the s-350-36v, but any is better than nothing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.