Mark Levinson ML1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
During the early days of Mark Levinson Audio Systems, the company was known for their use of instrumentation-grade connectors, such as the miniature, locking-collar LEMO connectors (LEMO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). These Swiss-made connector types were eventually subsumed into the CAMAC (Computer Automated Measurement and Control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) connector standards.

The Mark Levinson ML Series Web page (ML1 : Preamplifier) has limited information available (product pictures, but no schematics). You could probably zoom-in on the pictures of the power-supply connectors and try to visually match them with current production CAMAC connectors. The Swiss company, W.W. Fischer, manufactures the CAMAC connectors; here's the URL for the Fischer-US Web site (Fischer Connectors | Circular Connector - Push-Pull Connector). The only source for CAMAC/Fischer connectors that I'm aware of is Newark (US - Electronic Components Distributor | Newark.com).

Mark Levinson Audio Systems was acquired during an "unfriendly takeover" by Madrigal Audio Laboratories (Mark Levinson, the man, was squeezed-out of the company during this corporate transition), which was subsequently absorbed into Harmon International Industries Group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harman_International_Industries); so, you might be able to inquire there (MarkLevinson - Home) about a replacement power-supply umbilical cable.

Good luck! :cool:

Last edited:
I, too, have an ML-1 and a PLS-151 power supply. Does anyone know where I can find the cable?

I haven't had any luck with the current Mark Levinson company, nor have I been able to identify the Fischer connector used.

Any wisdom would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Kevin, that was close! They only have ten types, and they aren't exactly correct. Mine look like this:

CC38FD1B-orig.jpg

42D2C909-orig.jpg

Need help ASAP!

Hi again everyone. I still haven't found a cable to go between my ML-1 preamp and PLS-151 power supply, but I just spotted this on eBay:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Is this likely what I need? :confused::confused::confused:

Or is this the cable that goes from the power supply to the wall? The seller hasn't responded to my inquiries (seems to be a technical glitch), and I don't want to let this slip by if it's the right one. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.