How to make a power conditioner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all. I am trying to make a power conditioner that is able to keep different appliances in the building and down the street from causing noise in my amps. I wOuld like one that could split to four outlets, then condition each one separately to prevent noise from one amp to another. I have a couple battery backups but those don't work to keep interfearence from lights or or amps at bay.

What you are talking about is power line filters. You can probably buy them, but if you want to make your own you first need to specify the requirements. Then you need to design the filters. You probably need both differential mode and common mode filters.

Reactions: 1 user
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes true Andrew, I guess I take it for granted (the skills needed to do research), having done a masters (albeit by coursework, with a research subject)....

I guess what makes it so easy these days (google, and generally widely available information) also makes it hard, there is SO much information available that it can be daunting to find the information that is relevant (or even accurate).

Perhaps a wiki page on basic search engine techniques, the value of datasheets, known good sites, etc could be setup and pointed to in times like this...

Tony.

DF96, I too am looking for a suitable line filter for my amp (yamaha RXV 667), DIY pre-amp, Zero DAC and modded Phillips 753, do you think this ready made filter is suitable for my equipment? Is this ok for my amp or just for my other equipment?

Appreciate your help/advise.

Cheers!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I have not heard the device.

I did read this sentence on their website
The PerfectWave P10 Power Plant takes your incoming AC power and converts it to DC, similar to what comes out of a battery, and then with patented PS Audio technology regenerates and produces new sine-wave-perfect, regulated high current AC power.
The webpage made me a bit curious so I looked up the patent. It is attached below. Notice that it is a design patent, and what is patented is "the ornamental design for a power regulator." NOT the internal circuit design, not the electronic details. Just the exterior view, the look-and-feel.

Attachments

• USD566650.pdf
    351.9 KB · Views: 538
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.