IRS27951 / IRS27952

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I managed to get one of my pcbs working well at 5 amps and 25 to 35 volts output. Above 35 volts the regulation starts to drop out.

I built up another but with half as many windings on the transformer to see if I could get some more current. But I noticed in the spread sheet that I don't know how to fill in "Planned induction in core" which is in Tesla. How do I work that out ?

I did some experimentation tonight with the control circuit resistors.

I found I could get a range of voltages out if I changed Rmax to a much lower value.
I can get from 25 volts to 40 volts out by using a preset on the secondary side to the tL431.

Decreasing the Rmax increases the maximal switching frequeny. If it is set too hugh, you will loose ZVS switching, and efficiency will fail.

Nigel. The LLC converter is intented to regualte the output at a certain value. This value is in the spreadsheet. It is NOT a PWM converter which you can use easily to set any output votlage you would like.

If you have an isolation transformer check the lower FET gate and the half bridge, as I said. If you psot soem waveforms I can easily tell it is ZVS or not.

How did this end?

regards,
Rickard

Hi all,

Now I have a project with IRS27951, a power suply 500W -14.4 VDC output:
+ Input range: 350-420VDC.
+ Fr = 120kHz,
+ Fmin: 80kHz
+ Fmax: 160kHz
+ Fss: 200 kHz

This is my trouble when I debug my design:
+ if I dont power high voltage on Drain of highside MOSFET (Vin), everything is work well (Fmin, Fmax, Smooth wave, HO&LO is 46% duty cycle...)
+ When I power high voltage on drain of highside MOSFET - only highside and lowside MOSFET is connectted, Lr & Cr were removed (open LLC stage) - ouput of HO & LO is fail, HO duty cycle is longer than LO duty cycle (higher Vin, longer HO duty cycle)

Ex:
Vin = 0 VDC everything is good: HO:LO = 46%:46%
Vin = 50 VDC: HO:LO = 48%:44%
Vin = 200VDC: HO:LO = 50%:42%
Vin = 400VDC: HO:LO = 60%:33%

By constrast, in datasheet of IRS27951, Duty cycle of HO&LO is 50:50 (of cousre minus dead-time). What happen with my design (I tried to replace other IRS27951 but they were fail, too) ???

Can any body help me?
Please !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.