meridian 103d power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey there, does anybody know this amp. I have an old meridian 103d power amp and was wondering if (a) is there any reason why i could'nt use the power sources for a dual mono gainclone amp project i am about to start, with minimal or no mods to them and (b) does anyone know the 6 pin plug types used on the power lead connecting the 3 units together, i dont think these are standard and having a problem finding out which one's these are or where i might find them. Meridian have been no help at all and i would need at least one female 6pin for the project if useing existing lead, but would like to make a new lead which will need 3 male 6pins as well. I hope this all makes sense lol. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards. Scratch

Scratch,
Hope this reply isn't too late to help.
I have one of these amps - if you decide not to do your project I'd be interested in buying yours for spare parts. The place to go for advice on the 6 pin is Russ Andrews at RussAndrews.com . They are one of the few places that will make up DIN leads these days. Russ has been around for long enough to remember the 103 and could probably tell you what sort of lead to use, and if he doesn't know he'll know who does. Meridian won't be very helpful now as they focus on high digital systems and only service through their dealer network. Send me a PM and I'll see what else I can do.
regards
KP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.