buck converter using LT3845

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, has anyone tried using Linear's LT3845 for a buck converter?
i designed a circuit following the application information very carefully.
however, when i test my circuit, even at no load testing using an e-load, the circuit suddenly draws currents as high as 3A (from the DC power supply) thus ruining my chip. even if the surge lasts for about a second, my chip is immediately fried. does anyone have a suggestion on what the possible problem could be? thanks so much!

hi, has anyone tried using Linear's LT3845 for a buck converter?
i designed a circuit following the application information very carefully.
however, when i test my circuit, even at no load testing using an e-load, the circuit suddenly draws currents as high as 3A (from the DC power supply) thus ruining my chip. even if the surge lasts for about a second, my chip is immediately fried. does anyone have a suggestion on what the possible problem could be? thanks so much!

Perhaps you put the Buck Diode (D1) in backwards? Or perhaps your bootstap diode is backwards. Test your mosfets to make sure they are working.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.