MCU controlled PSU - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd November 2010, 06:14 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default MCU controlled PSU

Hello,

Having possibly read to much in the Blowtorch thread I have begun contemplating moving the AC -> DC conversion and the initial regulator stage to a separate chassis for my line level stuff.

I can generalize my needs to dual independent +/- 30V@1A supplies and one 12V@2A auxiliary supply. Thus I would like to make a few interchangeable PSU's which I can reuse in several projects.

Since microprocessors are cheap I'd like to incorporate some monitoring functions as well.

I don't see the need for sequencing but having an MCU checking the status of the supplies every 15minutes or so would be nice and also adjusting the output voltage to always lie inside a predefined tolerance range. Obviously the accuracy of the voltages would not be greater than that of the ADC measuring them but just browsing some of the larger suppliers seems to reveal several parts with more than decent long term performance.

Any opinions and/or suggestions? I have attached a first draft block diagram.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Test.jpg (79.3 KB, 49 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!