Crown CL2 service schematics needed. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2010, 05:56 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Crown CL2 service schematics needed.

A schematic drawing for the Crown CL2 is needed, if you have one available, please contact me.
Old 13th August 2010, 11:33 PM   #2
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

Contact Crown directly. If the material is not already on their web site for download, they have always been forthcoming with service documentation in response to my queries as long as I've worked on this stuff, so make a request either by email or phone.
Old 30th August 2010, 10:26 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

It must be the month for Crown CL2 repairs. I have in my possession (2) Crown CL2 amplifiers. Both have no positive waveform what so ever. Is the fan supposed to turn on upon start up and then turn off? I have no fan operation at all. Never played with one before. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 1st September 2010, 10:25 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I have the schematic on PDF and would be glad to send it to anyone that needs it. Its too large to put on as an attachment here.
Old 6th September 2010, 04:26 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Pictures of this pos amplifier.
Old 6th September 2010, 04:27 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I'll try again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crown CL2 002.jpg (71.7 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg Crown CL2 004.jpg (70.2 KB, 186 views)
Old 6th September 2010, 04:30 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Had to bend the chassis in order to remove the board. Will have to make up some wire harness extensions in order to work on it effectively. Someone should be punished for designing something like this.
Old 11th September 2010, 04:05 PM   #8
pinyoro is offline pinyoro  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Interesting photographs. Is it difficult to repair amplifiers with Surface Mount Devices compared to traditional devices and are the surface mounted Semiconductors easily obtainable?

Are these type of PCB's also more prone to having damaged tracks which cause the PCB's to be non usable? Please excuse my questions as I do not have that much experience with repairing SMD populated power amplifiers.

Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BG6GA View Post
Had to bend the chassis in order to remove the board. Will have to make up some wire harness extensions in order to work on it effectively. Someone should be punished for designing something like this.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:16 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

To answer your question.... for me this type of amplifier isn't repairable because I cannot deal with surface mount parts. My particular amplifier isn't showing surface track damage but I have seen it in the past on other amplifiers.

Mine is still sitting on the garage floor in a non- working state and I would consider selling it for a reasonable amount plus shipping cost just to get it to hell out of my sight.

Give me $10 plus shipping and it could be yours

irish1968

did you get yours running???
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:57 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

No takers???

Hide this!Advertise here!