Marantz 2215b Transformer and personal build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all

I've gutted my old Marantz 2215b because certain parts have failed. I was wanting to use the transformer for my personal 200W amp design. Using personal schematics, I wired up the Marantz transformer with a and was able to achieve 48V center tapped. I need at least 63V. Does anyone know what the maximum DC voltage output of these transformers are? If voltage is higher, how do you go out about wiring it color wise to your hot/neutral/gnd etc. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

200 watts from Marantz 2215B transformer?

A quick search for the 2215B with Google shows that this amp was originally rated at at 15 watts per channel. I don't think you can really expect more out of it than that. More watts of output require higher rail voltage and higher current capabuility, which mean more steel and copper. If you can find a schematic for this amp it will show the various taps and windings, and the rail voltage that it was capable of.

Also, a word of caution. If a transformer has taps for multiple input voltages, for example 100V and 115V, it would not be safe to connect 115V to the 100V taps in an attempt to boost the secondary output voltage. The transformer will likely saturate, overheat and burn out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.