Power supply for T-amp and pre-amp? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th August 2010, 01:19 AM   #1
rj9294 is offline rj9294  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Power supply for T-amp and pre-amp?

I'm setting up a budget bedroom system, and am looking for a single power supply to run a Trends Audio TA-10 (12v) and a "T-preamp" TCC TC-754 (12v). I will be running some Dayton B652 speakers.

From what I've read a linear 5 amp supply should work to power both units. The Pyramid PS9KX seems like it fits the bill, but is there anything else easily available that might work better?

I am a total newbie in using any power supply besides a wallwart. This might seem stupid, but how exactly do I connect the single banana plug pair output from the power supply to run two 12v devices with barrel plugs?

Thanks, this website is always a wealth of knowledge.
RJ
Old 8th August 2010, 01:01 AM   #2
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Just connect both power cables to the banana jacks.

I'd be wary of a Pyramid product, unless it's virtually free. In my experience, critical specifications can be fictional.

Astron makes decent power supplies, and they're particularly attractive if you can score one from a yard sale for $2. Ham radio swap meets are good bets for deals on things like that.

Hide this!Advertise here!