How do i build a 12v power supply ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i need a 12v toroidal power supply no more than about 5 amps max, to power my valve preamp. how do i build one or is there somewhere i can buy one ??
You can get 12v linear power supplies online cheap but they will have EI transformers :(. I'm in need of a 12v 5A PS with a torroidal or pot-core transformer as well because I need to have the lowest radiation and toroidal and pot-cores emit less radiation , I've looked extensively online but I cant find anywhere that sells PS's with torroidal or pot core transformers.

Does anyone where you can get one in the US? Or get them built at a reasonable price?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I believe it does, I'm not sure how tightly (I'm still somewhat of a newbie at
all this)

Thanks for the articles the main reason I want it to have a torroidal transformer is because of the lower magnetic fields and better power efficiency.

If I had the time I would definitely dedicate time to learn how to build one it doesn't seem to difficult except for maybe the chassis, but unfortunately I won't have time at least until January.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.