Power Supply Wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, I've just taken my head apart to change some broken pots on my Kustom 100 QUAD DFX Combo guitar amp and I'm putting the wires back together for the power supply but don't know where they went.

As soon as I plug it in it turns on, regardless of whether the power button is on or off. I don't know what all the different connector labels means. There are T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, T7, T8 and AC LINE and NEUTRAL

I have it the two wires connected to T3 and Neutral, this is the only combination it works on but as I said before it is always ON and the power button can't turn it off.

Thanks very much

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Volkatron, It sounds like you have mains potential here, and are not sure what is going on. I would suggest you take it to a qualified electrician (or an experience hobbyist) to ensure yourself or some other innocent person does not get injured or killed!

I always take a photo (and write down) where everything connects, before pulling something apart. Something to keep in mind in future :)

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Mains potential is 240V (Australia) the levels present straight out of the powerpoint. ie the nasty stuff that can kill you :) Since the switch is not working I fear you have definitely not wired up properly, and depending on whether or not a saftey earth is present (will depend on the design) there is the possibility that someone could get a fatal electric shock from the equipment.

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.