Help with rectifier circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am building a power supply for a microphone preamp, +24V, with phantom power, +48V. The +48V is going to use less then 10 mA and the +24V will use around 105mA. I've attached a picture of two rectifier circuits I am thinking about.

Are there any problems with either circuit and which one, if any, has advantages over the other?

Thanks
Scott

Attachments

• powersupply.png
    powersupply.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 162
Thanks for the reply. As you can see I am still new to this. I have two more circuits.

The first is with a voltage doubler. I'm not sure if the grounds can be tied together like this. Also does the unloaded output voltage of a voltage doubler = Vin*1.41 the same as a bridge rectifier.

The second one is suppose to work but I just need conformation of this.

Thanks
Scott

Attachments

• powersupply2.png
    powersupply2.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 136
Thanks for the reply. As you can see I am still new to this. I have two more circuits.

The first is with a voltage doubler. I'm not sure if the grounds can be tied together like this. Also does the unloaded output voltage of a voltage doubler = Vin*1.41 the same as a bridge rectifier.

The second one is suppose to work but I just need conformation of this.

Thanks
Scott

You cant tie the grounds together on the first one it would blow the rectifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.